Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indonesian Delicious Foods ( I miss you all..)

Stay in another country is not easy for me. This is my first time and sometimes I really miss some of these best Indonesian food:
1. Babi guling / Balinese Sucking Pig
Ehmm..yummi!!! This is Bali's most famous dish. I love it so much especially the skin :) Event there are many food that created from pork, they can not replace babi guling as my favorite food. Maybe the taste of this food is contained on my DNA so I'm very addicted with this food.
The banana leaf plate consisted of a pile of fragrant rice , piled high with tender slices of piggy, a piece of blood sausage, some other unidentifiable internal fried bits and pieces, crowned with a piece of kulit (crispy skin). Sheer perfection when doused with the accompanying sambal –– a saucy blend of chilis, coconut, and spices. My favorite place to get this food is in Ubud, Bali, that is called Babi guling Bu Oka. This place is located on Jalan Suweta, Ubud. The price is about Rp 20.000

2. Sate Madura + gule
This food originated from Madura, Indonesia, but we can find it in many places outside Madura. This food is consist of chunks or slices of dice-sized chicken or mutton on a bamboo skewers. It serve with delicious peanut sauce.
3. Soto Ayam
very famous Indonesia food.
4. Nasi campur / nasi rames
very famous Indonesia food.
5. Gudeg
Originated from Jogjakarta and Central Java, Indonesia. It is made from jack fruit that boiled several hours with cocunut milk and sugar. It is usually served with rice, chicken, tofu, tempe, and krecek.
My favorite place to get Gudeg is Yu Djum that is located near MM UGM, Jogyakarta.
7. Lontong opor
very famous Indonesia food.
8. Indomie goreng telor
It is a very famous Indonesian branded noddles. I have already eaten this noddles maybe since I was a baby, so you can imagine the relationship between us :)
So when I try another brand, the taste is not like what I want.
9. Sayur tempe + mendoan :D
Sayur tempe is a very famous Indonesia food especially in Java. I like the spicy and the sweet taste of this food. Mendoan is just another kinds of tempe with different delicious taste. I think it is originated from Cilacap, Central Java.
10. Twister
This is my favorite in all of KFC in Indonesia, but I can not find it here. Same things like kebab but with Indonesian + western flavor, that make it very delicious.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online