Monday, April 28, 2008

Going to Johor Bahru

On last weekend I went to Johor Bahru, Malaysia. That was my first time to Malaysia ad of course my first time to Johor Bahru. The journey was started from Kranji MRT station, Singapore, because I have been living here. Fromm Kranji, I have to take bus to the first check point. That was very near from Kranji MRT station, just for about 5 minutes by bus. In this check point, we have to show our passport to Singapore immigration. It was so crowded because it was holiday, so many people from Singapore went to Johor Bahru for shopping or traveling just like me. For many Singaporean or for many people that work in Singapore, shopping n Johor Bahru is like a paradise because of the the price is cheaper than in Singapore. It is also because of the rate of Singapore dollar is higher than Malaysian ringgit. After waiting and queuing for about 1 hour, finally I could finished the immigration process and continued to another check point. This second check point was in Malaysia, but the distance from the first check point is just 10 minutes by bus. The border between Singapore and Malaysia is just a river. So I just have to cross the river by bus from the first check point in Singapore into the second check point in Malaysia. In this place I have to finished the immigration process from the immigration of Malaysia. The condition between those 2 places are very different. I just across the border for 10 minutes and certainly get the different condition. Singapore is very clean and has very good public transportation. But when I just enter Johor bahru, everything changed rapidly. The immigration office in Malaysia was very hot because the air condition and the fan was not work properly. Besides that, it was a very long queue, so that situation make us very tired. It was so different than when we was in Singapore. So after waiting and queueing for about 1 and a half hour, finally, I could finished the immigration check and continued my journey in Johor Bahru.


Enjoy delicious food, delicious places, delicious activities with Delicious Life.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online